Prof. Gerhard Fettweis Recognized as a Leader Fueling the Fourth Industrial Revolution
Published on in NEWS
Congratulations to Cluster coordinator Prof. Gerhard Fettweis (TUD Vodafone Chair Mobile Communications Systems) and his team! The scientist was listed as one of the leading Industrial IoT 5G Innovators. The complete list of innovators and industrialists was recently published by RCR Wireless News, a leading source of wireless, telecom and mobile technology news and actionable intelligence since 1982.
The Industrial IoT 5G Innovators were selected based on individual contributions, research and leadership associated with specific use cases involving industrial IoT and/or 5G technology.
Jointly with Prof. Frank Fitzek (TUD Deutsche Telekom Chair Communication Networks), Prof. Fettweis coordinates the 5G Lab Germany, which comprises almost 600 researchers from 22 research areas of TUD. cfaed contributes to the 5G Lab with its three systems-oriented research paths - Orchestration, Resilience, and Highly-Adaptive Energy-Efficient Computing (HAEC).
The RCR Wireless News inaugural list of leading industrial IoT 5G Innovators includes:
5G IoT Research & Development:
- Prof. Gerhard Fettweis, Vodafone chair and professor, Dresden University of Technology (TU Dresden)
- Alex Jinsung Choi, Ph.D., EVP and head of ICT R&D, SK Telecom
- Seizo Onoe, EVP, board of directors, CTO, managing director of R&D Innovation, NTT DoCoMo
- Marcus Weldon, president of Bell Labs and CTO of Nokia
- Jeff Andrews, Wireless Networking and Communications Group, The University of Texas at Austin
- Ted Rappaport, NYU Wireless – New York University Brooklyn
The German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, was selected as one of the leading international IoT 5G industrialists for her efforts on driving the Germany Industrie 4.0 initiative (German Trade & Investment).