Microkernel-based Systems for Heterogeneous Architectures
(cfaed group 2012-2015)
Group Leader until 8/2015: Dr.-Ing. Marcus Völp
- since 08/2012: Research Group Leader of the ESF Young Researcher Group IMData
- 10/2013 - 04/2014: Post Doctoral Research Scholar at the Logical Systems Lab of Prof. André Platzer at the Carnegie Mellon University
- since 01/2011: Postdoc at the Operating Systems group of Prof. Hermann Härtig at Technische Universität Dresden (TUD)
- 01/2011: Ph.D. degree in computer science from Technische Universität Dresden
- 08/2003 - 01/2011: Research Assistant of Prof. Hermann Härtig at Technische Universität Dresden
- 10/1999 - 02/2003: Master studies of computer science at the University of Karlsruhe (TH)
- 10/1997 - 09/1999: Undergraduate studies of computer science at the University of Karlsruhe (TH)
Dark silicon, that is the inability to simultaneously operate all transistors at full frequency, and early attempts to integrate circuits build from new materials will, in the near future, lead to the integration of a wild diversity of processing elements and memories in future manycore architectures. Our goal is to develop a profound understanding of this heterogeneity and to explore microkernel-based operating systems to drive these architectures.
Our research spans from novel processor architectures over kernel-less microkernels and microkernel-based systems to innovative runtime environments.