Information and System Theory Group
Dr. Meik Dörpinghaus
I am a Research Group Leader at the Vodafone Chair Mobile Communications Systems at TU Dresden, Germany. I received the Dipl.-Ing. degree in electrical engineering and information technology and the Dr.-Ing. degree in electrical engineering and information technology both from RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany, in 2003 and 2010, respectively. From 2004 to 2010, I was with the Institute for Integrated Signal Processing Systems, RWTH Aachen University, Germany. From 2010 to 2013 I was a postdoctoral researcher at the Institute for Theoretical Information Technology at RWTH Aachen University, Germany. I joined TU Dresden in April 2013. In 2007, I have been a visiting researcher at ETH Zurich, Switzerland. From October 2015 to March 2016 I have been a visiting assistant professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Stanford University, USA.
Research Goal, Vision
My research interests are in the area of information theory. Our research goal is contribute to the understanding of the fundamental limits and principles of transmission and processing of information based on theoretical analysis.
Currently, I work on the following topics:
- Capacity of wireless fading channels
- Channels with quantization
- Information theory for biological cell communication
- Feedback communication
- Sensor fusion in cyber-physical systems
- Deep learning
For more information about my research see my publications.
- Giuseppe Durisi, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Norbert Gaffke, University of Magdeburg, Germany
- Lorens Imhof, Bonn University, Germany
- Günther Koliander, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Lukas Landau, Pontificia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Rudolf Mathar, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Heinrich Meyr, RWTH Aachen University / TU Dresden, Germany
- Erwin Riegler, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
Information Theory - For more information on this course click here (in German).
Oberseminar Mobile Nachrichtentechnik - For more information click here .
Haupt-Seminar 'Statistical Physics of Information: Information Theory in Physics and Biology' -
For more information click here .
I am permanently looking for outstanding candidates interested in pursuing a master/diploma thesis in the area of information theory. If you are interested in working with me, please send me an email with your CV together with a list of attended courses.
Note: You need to be a student at TU Dresden to apply for a master/diploma thesis.