Networked Embedded Systems Group
Group Leader: Dr. Marco Zimmerling
Prior to joining ETH in 2009, I studied computer science at Dresden University of Technology. I did my diploma thesis with the Networked Embedded Systems Group (NES) at the Swedish Institute of Computer Science (SICS), where I had the pleasure to work with Luca Mottola and Thiemo Voigt. I also got the chance to collaborate with the Communications Research Group (CoRe) headed by Per Gunningberg at Uppsala University. While taking a break from my studies in 2006, I did a six-month internship with the Sensors and Actuators Department at IBM's T.J. Watson Research Center.
Besides research, I enjoy my three kids, running, fishing, cooking, hiking, and reading books.
- Best Paper Award, ACM SenSys, 2013
- Best Paper Award, ACM/IEEE IPSN, 2011
- Best Paper Runner-Up, ACM/IEEE IPSN, 2012
- Best Poster Award, ACM SenSys, 2012
- Best M.Sc. Thesis Award, SensorNets, 2009
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Scholar, 2009
- Best Paper Award, German Computer Science Society (GI) Informatiktage, 2008